Thursday, May 3, 2018

Famous Last Words: Dead Week

Famous Last Words: Dead Week

Haiti Skies
Personal Photo


This week was full of hard things, but also joyful things. This class this week was catch-up time and time to get ahead so I can make sure my grade is okay. Nevertheless, I learned discipline and what it means to put aside things happening at home so I can focus on earning a degree and this class helped me get closer to attaining that goal of being the first person in my whole family to earn at bachelor's degree! What a blessing that is. I enjoyed this class because it allowed to read others' writings and thoughts and even learn about their lives. I feel like each and every person I read from is talented and gifted in writing, whether that is natural or learned. I am definitely a learned writer and even continued learning that this week in this class of how creative can I actually be. I am honored to have taken a part in commenting on everyone's blogs and being able to navigate through their projects that have lasted all semester and taken a lot of hard work and dedication. I definitely cannot wait to take these skills and use them in my job I have someday. I greatly enjoyed learning about a different culture and diving into a different side of the world, bringing it to this side of the world. What a beautiful culture and people group! I do hope one day I get to travel to India and hear some of these stories from people there and hope to take in the culture first-hand. There is so much to take in and I am a firm believer in spending a good amount of time in a country before I can say much about it. I hope that throughout this course I have also attained better technological skills that will help me to help others in the future, as I have been helped in this class. Looking forward to what post-grad life holds! I am excited for new, purposeful times and to use these skills to help others in whatever location I may be in!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria, I am sorry to hear that things at home aren't going great. Sometimes school is a source of stress, but sometimes it is a good escape from life. I definitely felt that last week. Sometimes doing the extra credit assignments for this class feel more therapeutic than like a chore! Congratulations on graduating and enjoy your last finals week!

    ReplyDelete